Introduction
at one point we answer one of the party's need for finding themselves...
"How about we separate for awhile?"
sometimes just the truth is enough...
"I don't love you anymore! can't you see? "
sometimes it's a war zone which turns into a tug of war or even divorce..
"How dare you! flirting with another woman behind my back! I declare war!"
sometimes its an understanding...
"I guess this is where it ends.. "
"mhmm.. guess it is.. "
"thank you for the memories... I guess I won't be able to find anyone else like you"
"mmm.. take care then"
most of the time it's the opposite...
Chapter One
"the break up"
Sam took a deep sigh,"That's what you get for being one-sided.. tsk tsk... I told you to tell him whenever you get hurt. Now look what has happened, it's the other way around."
That's my childhood friend, Sam. We've been by each others side as long as I can remember. He was like a father, looking after me and mending my every bruise or pain. But most of the time he's the reason why I get in trouble.
Flashback:
(6 years ago)
Danielle's head kept bobbing, quite obvious that she was about to fall asleep during the Lecture of Mrs. Rianchi.
"Alright class, who can construct a sentence using the first person. Anyone?"
Sam notices their teacher looking their way. He then writes something on a piece of paper then pokes Danielle's hips.
Danielle screams and looks at Sam, "Hey!".
Mrs. Rianchi turns to Danielle,"Yes, Ms.Ricci? would you like to cite an example?"
Mrs. Rianchi turns to Danielle,"Yes, Ms.Ricci? would you like to cite an example?"
Danielle stands up and mutters, "uhhmm...I--- I-...".
"read this according to the instructions" Sam whispers as he puts the piece of paper on her table.
"read this according to the instructions" Sam whispers as he puts the piece of paper on her table.
"I----I-- m a p-- ness.."
Mrs. Rianchi is shocked and scolds Danielle, "WHAT!? Where did you learn such language Ms. Ricci! You should be ashamed of yourself. To the principal's office,now!"
The class bursts into laughter as Danielle approaches the hallway. She turns around to look for Sam, but he's missing from his seat.
"Silence class! anyone else wants to join Ms. Ricci?" she looks at Danielle and continues. "Go on! keep walking, I'll meet you at the principal's office after I find someone first to supervise the class for the meantime"
This was why I hated him so much.. but he knew his ways of getting back my trust...
Danielle walks past several classrooms, a few more steps away from the office until some tries to catch her attention.
"Pssstt.. come over here!" She turns around and finds Sam hiding in the gaps between the school lockers.
"Pssstt.. come over here!" She turns around and finds Sam hiding in the gaps between the school lockers.
"Sam? what are y--". Sam pulls Danielle's arm and covers her mouth. "Shh... they'll hear you.. lets get out of here."
"But---mmmfmmfmm".
Danielle struggles but Sam whispers to her, "Just follow me...".
They sneaked out of the school premises and walked down a narrow road. while Danielle eyes is being covered by Sam.
"But---mmmfmmfmm".
Danielle struggles but Sam whispers to her, "Just follow me...".
They sneaked out of the school premises and walked down a narrow road. while Danielle eyes is being covered by Sam.
"wh--eere are we?" Danielle stutters.
Sam uncovers her eyes, "we're at an amusement park silly.. oh and..." Sam looks around.
Danielle's eyes glisten as she sees the beautiful lights on every ride, "look Sam! There's a Ferris-wheel, isn't it beautiful?"
Sam uncovers her eyes, "we're at an amusement park silly.. oh and..." Sam looks around.
Danielle's eyes glisten as she sees the beautiful lights on every ride, "look Sam! There's a Ferris-wheel, isn't it beautiful?"
"yeah.. like you.. Happy Birthday Danielle..." Sam looks down.
"thank you Sam! for a second I thought this was going to be the worst birthday ever.. I thought you forgot all about it!" Danielle tears as she actions to hug Sam.
Sam blushes. "I would never forget such a special day.. especially if it's related to you.."
"you know what Sam.." Danielle unlocks her arms around him slowly, "I want to tell you something"...
"Look! There's the ice cream truck! what flavor would you like?", Sam quickly changes the topic as he turns red,but smiles at Danielle.
"uhmm.. I'd go for strawberry!". "Your treat?", Danielle smiles.
Sam nods and runs towards the ice cream truck. "I'd like to have one Chocolate and one Strawberry ice cream please!".
"Oh son I'm sorry we just gave out the last scoop of strawberry ice cream to the kid over there" says the ice cream man.
Sam signals Danielle to approach the truck, "Guess they were out of strawberry, I'm sorry.. maybe we could have something else?"
Danielle's smile disappears.
A boy suddenly approaches them. "uhhmm...y-you c-could h-ha-have mine if you want. I-- haven't touched it yet.."
Danielle turns around. "H-huh?"
"S-since you want strawberry so bad I guess you can have mines instead.. I-- I can get another flavor." he smiles as he reaches out the ice cream to Danielle.
Sam looks at him and then looks at Danielle, " r-really?..."
Danielle accepts the ice cream what a big smile or her face, "w--why thank you,,, thank you so much!"
Danielle's eyes glistens as her smile returns.
Danielle's eyes glistens as her smile returns.
The boy smiles and reaches out his hand, "Oh and by the way my name's Dave.."
Sam stands frozen watching the two exchanging looks.
That's Dave.. the guy I fell in love with over a stupid strawberry ice cream he offered on a day that was special... my birthday...
"I'm Danielle, and this is my friend Sam." says Danielle
"Hey Sam, it's nice to meet you." Dave reaches out his hand to Sam, but Sam looks at him and nods.
"O--kaaaay. guess we remain formal then." says Dave.
Danielle notices the awkward moment and interrupts the two.
"Hey... "Anyways! It's my birthday today, that's why we went out to get some ice cream, would you like to join us?.. " she giggles.
"O-- really? I wouldn't mind but, it's getting really late, I have to be at my mom's office by 3:15 sharp. Still got 15 minutes on the road~"
"Wait..", Danielle checks her clock and finds out it's already 3 o'clock.
" What? its already this late?, Danielle panics and looks at Sam. "Oh no.. daddy's gonna be there anytime soon! we've gotta go Sam!"
"Wait..", Danielle checks her clock and finds out it's already 3 o'clock.
" What? its already this late?, Danielle panics and looks at Sam. "Oh no.. daddy's gonna be there anytime soon! we've gotta go Sam!"
"Guess I'll see you around here again tomorrow? to er--- talk some more?" Dave smiles.
Danielle turns to Dave, "Oh sure! but not at the same ti--".
Dave interrupts Danielle while she tries to explain, "I'm from the same school too you know?".
Dave interrupts Danielle while she tries to explain, "I'm from the same school too you know?".
Danielle turns red as she is embarrassed after noticing the same uniform, "Oh---yeah-- sorry..." she mutters.
Dave's dad's car arrives at the scene causing the conversation to end.
"Around lunch break then? I'll see you guys at the canteen. Okay?", Dave approaches the car.
Before Danielle could speak Dave gets into his dad's car and closes the door. "Bye guys!".
The car stood there for a minute, until the car window suddenly lowers.
"Oh and.. Happy Birthday Danielle!" Dave smiles as the car leaves.
"Bye Dave! t'was nice meeting you!" Danielle laughs, then looks at Sam.
"You ready?", Danielle giggles as she looks at Sam.
Sam replies smiling, "Lets go! Last one to the gate is a monkey!"
(we both ran back to school, and eventually Sam won. I still got scolded by my Dad, although I didn't mind. It was worth it.. a birthday to remember...)
And thats where it all began...
to be continued...


It's nice. At least in some way I get to know you better. . .or whatever. . .
ReplyDelete