When observing and stalking collide
0So we were tasked today by our MC Elect C ( Theatre Arts ) instructor to observe a subject for 40 minutes in designated areas.
We had to observe the character's Principles and everything about them.. mannerism, self-grooming, the way they speak, the way they react... and much more. Although we had to keep a low profile.
Jamming off with group mates we started spotting off people and the way they act.. I myself knew I wouldn't last long for 40 minutes trying to fake my presence and maintaining this profile.
As moments passed subjects came and left... although our challenge was to have a subject that actually stayed for 40 minutes. If the person had left in a shorter period than the allotted time, consider your observation void.
Deep in my mind I knew I was looking for someone.. someone who would make my day.
My mind flew while trying to look for a victim, and there I found myself staring at someone who looked familiar from a distance.
I stoop up thinking it must have been someone I had known, an old classmate or a recent friend or acquaintance. Moments later I found myself following the person with my eyes from corner to corner.
I then had realized it that was a person I had idolized and looked forward to seeing back in my first year college days. Cause I knew deep inside it would make my day.
I did know the person although I never took time to realize if I was staring blankly or had already been discovered spacing out, therefore me being the victim.
Then I thought to myself.. was I observing or stalking?
You decide.


0 comments: